There are three types of food licenses
- Basic license (applicable for small FBOs) – It is applicable for those FBOs whose annual turnover is not more than 12 lacs, such as petty retailers, temporary stall holders, hawkers, very small-scale industries dealing in food business.
- State license (applicable for medium FBOs) – It is applicable for following FBOs
- whose annual turnover exceed/likely to exceeds rupees 12 lac but does not exceed 20 crores,
- hotels with 3-star rating and above,
- Dairies with a capacity of up to 50 thousand liter per day.
- Central license (applicable for large FBOs) – It is applicable for following FBOs
- Whose annual turnover exceeds 20 crores
- FBOs engaged in import and export.